If you are in search of the latest best road running shoe for 2017, you are in luck! Because we gathered the top 10 from best of the best road running shoes in the market today. We search for runners review, their preference and verdict to each one and listed them here to help you decide which one to get.
Since finding your new pair of running shoe is a hard task to do, especially if you are looking for a shoe that will help you reach your goal. You can choose from flexible to comfort or if you wanted to some help on your over-pronation.
These list were gathered not in order, and the reviews came from different runners who shared their review about these running shoes. Hope this will help you choose your next pair 🙂
Brooks Glycerin 14
Brooks Glycerin 14 is one of its flagship for neutral and ulra-cushioned running shoes, though it doesn’t match the max cushioned shoes of its competitors, it offers a pilowy cushioning and it is lighter compared to the rest of its line up.
It also provices an excellent arch support, a very supportive one and continues to deliver a flexible ride. This running shoe is great from light runs to 10ks, at moderate speed as it packs with enough cushioning for longer mileage.
- A sock-like fit with plush interior that combines for an ultra-comfortable ride
- A highly-cushioned midsole that absorbs the impact
- An ounce ligther than the its previous version
- Offers great traction
- Has arch support for neutral runner
- Great flexibility even with heavy cushioning
- Some runners experience a tigther fit
- A bit small than the usual size
- Expensive running shoe
- Squeaks when running on wet pavement
- Padded tongue didn’t like by some runners
Asics Gel Noosa Tri 11
Asics Gel Noosa Tri 11 is the new version with upper design changes, a more comfortable exterior and interior fabrics, it is also more lightweight than its previous version and a solid running shoe for your daily training. This is also great if you have over-pronation.
- Many appreciate the Engineered Mesh Upper, which brings a breathable and lightweight running shoe
- Seamless construction allows you to wear it even without socks
- This is the 11th version of Fel Noosa Tri, which is even lighter than its previous version
- Durable running shoe
- Some runners noticed a narrow toe area
- Some runners didn’t like the upper part
- It is 1/2 size smaller than their usual size
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 is here to bring you a great performance on different levels, this running shoe offers unbelievable comfort, good arch support, excellent breathability, a solid traction and a versatile running shoe. They also offer this on very reasonable price, runners would love what Nike brings to this running shoe.
- Bang-for-buck running shoe
- Offers breathable materials
- Great for high-mileage runs
- Superb traction
- Has a narrow toe box according to some runners
- A bit on the heavy side
- Some runners has issues with the laces, which unties itself during their runs
New Balance 860 v7
New Balance 860 V7 brings stability and great support in their running shoe, runners will love what if offers especially the combination of cushioning, comfort and breathabilty.
- Provides great stability and support
- No-sew construction, reduces the risk of blisters or irriation
- Upper is soft and breathable
- Cushioning is soft and responsive
- A bit expensive running shoe
- Some runners noticed that it is on a heavy side
- Limited color variations
Nike Flyknit Racer
Neutral runners will love what Nike Flyknit Racer brings, from comfort, security and style. Some runners will prefer this as their daily running shoe which brings a great comfort and breathability.
- Flyknit fabric will not cause any irritation
- Breathable running shoe
- Lightweight and comfortable for daily usage
- Underfoot is responsive
- High quality materials, durable and will last longer
- Some runners reports that it is not durable enough
- Underfoot was not effective to some runners
- A bit on the narrow side
Adidas Adizero Boston Boost 6
Adidas Adizero Boston Boost 6 impressed a lot of runners. It deliver a solid performance and cushioning, high quality materials and great neutral running shoes.
- It is lightweight
- Comfortable is the way to describe this running shoe
- High quality materials was used
- Great forefoot, mid-foot and heel support
- Tongue folds and a bit distracting during your runs
- A bit tight, according to some runners
Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged
Adidas Ultra Boost Uncage is provding comfort, security without giving your feet restrictions. The cushioning system is great and runners loved it’s overall performance.
- Runners love the lightweight and its looks
- Durable and will last you a long time
- Boost technology received a high praise for its responsive performance
- A bit on the tight side, according to some runners
- Some commented that it lacks mid-foot support
- The garter collar can irritate your skin after prolonged use
Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 8
Adidas gave their new Supernova Glide Boost 8 its new technology from top to bottom. The quality and performance on this running shoe will certainly fit other runners, it is very responsive, great for peopel who are looking for neutral running shoe.
- Offers great support
- Comfortable running shoe, according to large number of runners
- An excellent trainer for long distance runs
- Roomy toe box
- Needs a little mileage to break in the shoe
- Didn’t come with optional widths
Asics Gel Fortitude 7
Asics Gel Fortitude 7 is a unique running shoe that is loved by runners who have moderate to heavy over-pronators, Gel Fortitude 7 also offers motion control running shoes. With great overpronation measures, runners who have flat arches, inflexible feet can have fun running with the help of this running shoe.
- Has low stack height
- Excellent for moderate to really excessive overpronators
- Comfortable running shoe
- Bargain for its price
- Provides flexibility
- A bit on the heavy side
- Sturdy training partner
Adidas Adistar Boost ESM
Adistar Boost ESM from Adidas is made of high quality materials that provide mild support in your mid-foot and is also great for neutral runners.
- Flexible upper which provide seamless support
- Shoe’s external heel counter improves the fit in the rear area
- Great cushioning system that deliver smooth and responsive ride
- Expensive running shoe
- Some runners complains about the mid-sole was a bit stiff
- Some noticed the outsole was too thin
Hope this list of 10 best road running shoes helped you in any way, if you we missed your favorite road running shoe please let us know in the comments below and we will surely add them.