There are many different kinds of running shoes that has different features and specifc design for different needs. Some running shoes provide cushioning and some are minimalist kind which are being used by experience runners that gives them the freedom to connect with the ground.
Today, we will check out the top 10 best motion control running shoes in 2017, we wil also point out the things we like about them such as stability, quality, function, performance and cost.
Let us check out the list of the best motion control running shoes.
Brooks Beast 16
The Brooks Beast 16 provides support and stability, if that’s what you’re looking for well-cushioned midsol and a little stiffer ride. This running shoe is build for daily runner, rough or muddy trail. This running shoe is best for day to day running or evey use as gym shoes.
The mid-sole of Brooks Beast 16 is made up of Super DNA cushioning material that offers more cushioning than your standard foam running shoes. It can conform itself to the shape of your underfoot, giving you a customized wearing experience. If you have excess pronation, the Extended Progressive Diagonal Roll Bar will address your problems.
- Offers comfy ride, appreciated by most runners
- Helps prevent overpronation
- Well-cushioned according to some runners
- Has average traction according to some runners
- Good for flat, inflexible or heavily overpronate runners
- Order one size bigger
- Some runners found the cushioning rather stiff
- Expensive running shoes
New Balance 1340 v2
The New Balance 1340 V2 was designed to help runners with overpronation, it has an impressive motion-control technology that will help runners to conquer a hard training. With New Balance 1340 V2, you will be comfortable and has more control while doing your routine.
The Version 2 has a completely new revamp outsole that makes up for the past issues regarding the traction. Now, it has bigger diamond-shaped like configuration that extends to the crash pad. You will be confident to run on hard trails using this running shoe.
Another improvement is the placement of ovelays for the upper to provide support where the runner needs it, the heel gets boost from support. These improvements offers forefoot flexibility, more room and support of the heel.
- Improve look of New Balance 1340 V2
- Multi-density polyurethane that provides support, flexibliy and comfort
- Has blwown rubber outsole for more grip
- Has midfoot support and additional stability for average pronation control
- Wider toe box, which some runners like
- Quite expensive for a running shoe
- A bit on the heavy side
Mizuno Wave Legend 3
Mizuno Wave Legend 3 offers a smoother ride, great cushiong and superb motion control, if you’re looking for performance all-day running shoe, this is it.
The new upper construction allows flexiblity while holding your foot in place, this is one of the modifications they did to Legend 3. The overlays with one larger stretching all around the heel connects the medial and lateral sides of the shoe, effectively supports the shoe, midfoot and cradles your heel.
In the 3rd round of the Wave Legend series, Mizuno completely removed the contentious Bio-Lock lacing system and replaced it with a more traditional one. The update is seen as a unifying point and caters to most runners when it comes to getting the right fit.
- Provides excellent motion control
- Has thicker forefot cushioning pad
- Cheaper than competitors
- Not enough ventilation according to some runners
- Not as durable
Brooks Ariel 16
Brooks Ariel 16 offers support and stable running shoe for women, this shoe provides motion control features and well cushioned for comfort. Some runners use Brooks Ariel 16 for everyday running shoes.
The upper of Brooks Ariel 16 has new changes, the no-sew feature will give you a better wraparound feel and foot-hugging support. New added security in the heel area is also improved, the ankle collar was also padded with moisture-wicking lining.
The outsole now uses square pods that fills the entire underfoot, this makes a better ground contact and the stability will be excellent.
- Runners appreciate the roomy toe box
- Superb traction on wet surfaces
- Exceptional support and stability
- Runners noticed a little stiffer than previous version
- Expensive running shoe
New Balance 1540 v2
The New Balance 1540 V2 offers superb comfort, much improved design, durability and cushioning that helps the runner reach their goals.
This 2nd generation of the 1540 series provides support and security for every runner. The seamless upper has now less and smaller overlays, this will give the shoe some flexibility that allows the upper to hug your foot better with the needed motion control it gives.
The platform is now a bit wider, provides more overpronation control features and makes a stable run on each stride.
- The New Balance 1540 V2 is well ventilated, according to runners
- Improved arch support
- Has blown rubber outsole for durability and high wear areas
- Roomy toe box, great for wide-footed runners
- A bit expensive
- On the heavy side, according to some runners
Asics Gel Fortitude 7
Asics Gel Fortitude 7 provides a moderate to heavy overpronators using old style-type of motion control running shoes, it has a better ground feedback, a lot more comfort and runners who has flat arches, inflexible feet will have more fun running with this shoe.
Asics updated the Fortitude 7, the midsole has a new technology for more realiable cushioning, improved shock-absorption and energy-return.
The ComforDry Sockliner was another update that improves cushioning, odor-free attributes and well breathable, dry run all day.
- Excellent for moderate to excessive overpronators
- Super comfortable, according to some runners
- Some runners love the traction on Asics Fortitude 7
- Increbility cheap
- Superb flexibility
- A bit heavy, as expected for motion control shoes
Brooks Addiction 12
The Brooks Addiction 12 is a great motion control running shoe, best for flat arches runners with severe pronation. This is the 12th version of the Brooks Addiction, with enchanced features and technology.
The overlays were moved and you’re like pulling your shoe in a saddle backwards, which provides a secure and snug fit around the midfoot area.
- New features like Brooks DNA technology for adapative cushioning
- Has a segmented crash pad for a more smoother heel-to-toe transition
- Comfortable construction, which some runners liked
- Best for wide-footed runners that likes roomy toe box
- A bit expensive
- Some runners find this shoe a little bit heavy
- The upper mesh wears out quickly, according to some runners
Asics Gel Foundation 12
Asics Gel Foundation 12 gives a cushioning with layered stability and full guidance system that helps runners like you for a smoother ride. This is best for short or long running routines.
The Gel Foundation 12 now comes with enhanced midsole, which improves the support and stability while reducing the weight. It also enhances gait efficiency, which is another plus.
It has now a new upper, which delivers a great comfort and breathability, has a orthotics and a new sockliner that will keep your foot cool and drive while adding cushioning.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Non-irritating sleeve for sockless wearing
- Has a great heel and forefoot areas for shock absorption
- Most runners love the Gel Foundation 12 because of the well-cushioned and flexible running shoe
- Some runners noted that toe box is not roomy enough
- The underfoot stability were not efficient, according to some runners
- Size is 1/2 bigger than usual
Skechers GOrun Forza
The Skechers GOrun Forza is one of the running shoes that runners loved, mainly because of their arch support mechanics, responsive cushioning and design.
It offers stability and controlled movement that helps your running sessions more comfortable and helping your overpronation foot. This running shoe will make each step feels more neutral and keeping you safe from discomfort and injury.
The outsole uses rubber material which is highly resistant to damage and wear, it is placed all over the underside of the she, making sure that your foot is well protected at all time. It can also deliver sure traction over different surfaces.
- Has a resonsible cushioning and underfoot stabiltiy
- Has a medium with, fit can be snug but not too tight
- Lightweight cushioning offers more bounce
- Slows the rate of over-pronation of the runners foot
- Some runners questions the bondign materials in the sole area
Asics Gel Fortify
Asics Gel Fortify has now an improved upper which offers maximum support that can help runners who wear orthotics and have a high foot volume. Another great update is the BioMorphic Fit Upper, which is a stretchable material, reduces irritation and blisters.
Another update is the new FluidRide midsole, it delivers a underfoot comfort and protection, offers a solid bounce for more responsive runs.
- Great motion control running shoe
- Runners love the incredible support if offers
- Excellent cushioning, according to runners who used the shoe
- Has a perfect sizing, width
- A bit on the heavy side, to offer all the stability and support features
- Some runners felt the shoe was a little stiff
Whatever motion control running shoes you pick, make sure they match your specific requirements. We have different needs and preferred running shoes, that’s why we list the pros and cons to help you pick the right one for you. We hope this helps you out, and your running buddies too!